International Women’s Day activities #BalanceForBetter
Friday 8 March 2019
10am-4pm, Coleg y Cymoedd Nantgarw Campus
Cardiff CF15 7QY
To mark International Women’s Day 2019 (Friday 8 March), Velindre University NHS Trust and UNISON Cymru Wales are hosting in partnership an event looking at women’s history, struggles and successes. This will include:
Exhibition of ‘Wall of Women’ images of #legendarywomen provided by WEN Wales, Draig Enfys, Amgueddfa Cymru/National Museum Wales, Cardiff Story Museum, and others
- David Rees – AM and Chair of the STEM Cross Party Group
- Norena Shopland – Historian and Author of “Forbidden Lives: LGBT stories from Wales
- Sahar Al-Faifi – Muslim Engagement and Development.
- Abi Carter -Remembering Srebrenica
- Kendall Bromley – UNISON Young Members.
- Cllr Debbie Wilcox – Newport City Council Leader
- An Ting – Chinese Art Now
- Menopause café – providing advice and support in all areas of menopause in the workplace
- Showing of Velindre’s interview with Robert Webb, on his book How Not to be a Boy – Followed by book club
- Young worker activities
- Stalls from local organisations, charities and public sector bodies
UNISON and Velindre spokespeople will be available for interview.
Notes to editors
- Journalists wishing to attend should advise Alastair Gittins (below), in advance.
- The joint UNISON Cymru Wales – Velindre University Health Trust event is 10am-4pm, Friday 8 March 2019, at Coleg y Cymoedd Nantgarw Campus, Cardiff CF15 7QY
- Eventbrite link to obtain your FREE tickets
Alastair Gittins, UNISON Press Officer on 07816 538397